Effective 1st July 2020
Nikon recognizes and is committed to the proper management and protection of personal data / information, and will always strive to comply with the latest applicable data protection laws and regulations to ensure your personal data is protected and processed in a fair, transparent and lawful manner.
(1) “Personal Data” means information to a Person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly, but not including the information of the deceased persons in particular. Personal data may include but not limited to: Name, date of birth, or other descriptions etc. (meaning any and all matters (excluding codes by which alone the individual can be identified) stated, recorded or otherwise expressed using voice, movement or other methods in a document, drawing or electromagnetic record (meaning a record kept in an electromagnetic form (meaning an electronic, magnetic or other forms that cannot be recognized through the human senses))) whereby a specific individual can be identified (including those which can be readily collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual);
(2) Information that contains codes by which alone the individual can be identified (e.g., Driver’s license No., passport No., code or No. of health insurance certificate).
“Nikon” refers to Nikon Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
“Nikon Group” refers to Nikon Corporation and its subsidiaries (which includes Nikon in different jurisdictions.
In line with the Nikon Group Privacy Protection Policy, personal data / information will be collected, used and/or disclosed by Nikon in the following manner:
1. What personal data does Nikon collect
Nikon may collect your personal data from these following sources:
When you purchase Nikon’s Product or service through Nikon Showroom or Dealer’s Shop;
When you submit for a Premium Redemption;
When you create a member accounts through registration on Nikon Club’s website;
Nikon collects some or all of these following personal data including but not limited to:
• Your name, surname, Gender, Identification Number, Copy of Identification Card, Bank Account Number, Credit Card Number, Passport Number, Copy of Passport, Photographic Image, Address, Postal Code, E-mail, Phone Number, Date of birth, Marital status;
• Sensitive Personal Data such as Racial, Ethnic Origin, Religious, Health Information, Nationality, Blood Type.
When you use Nikon’s website, Nikon collects some or all of the following information, either directly from your own disclosure or through its website software:
• Any content, material, products and/or services which you either purchased, licensed, subscribed to or otherwise viewed used, copied, downloaded or clicked a link to access;
• Your first and last name, contact number and an email address (which may be personal or business);
• Your acceptance (or otherwise) to receive any publications newsletters, updates or other material or media from Nikon or any of our providers;
We will only collect personal data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes set out in section  below. As far as sensitive personal data is concerned (such as race, religion and other legally recognized categories in your jurisdiction), such data is only collected (if any) with your explicit consent obtained beforehand.
If we need to verify your age and/or identity for any reason (for example, payment verification, fraud prevention, dispute resolution or to respond to a request or complaint) we may also ask you for identifiers (if required) for identifying or verifying you as a specific individual.
You can access your personal data / information at any time, ask us to update the information we hold or to delete it altogether. However, please note that the deletion of your data may affect or result in termination of our services provided to you.
See Section  below for more details on your rights of access and correction to your personal data / formation with Nikon.
2. How Nikon uses the personal data it collects from you
Nikon strives to give you the best customer and user experience possible. To do this Nikon collects data / information about you and users in the form of cookies to enable it to operate the website, keep it current, up-to-date, relevant to users’ needs and/or preferences, now and in the future as well (see Section ) below.
By using this website and accessing the services provided by Nikon, you agree that Nikon may collect, use and/or disclose the personal data / information supplied by you or collected by Nikon from your use or purchase of Nikon’s goods, services and/or access or use of Nikon’s websites under the following lawful basis: for the following purposes:
• to provide products or services to and/or requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution;
• to enable response to customer requests, including customer inquiry / purchase / repair history (including the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving our responsiveness);
• as a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and service activities of Nikon. (This personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, the customer satisfaction survey, and the customer's inquiry history);
• to verify participants in exhibitions and seminars;
• to notify a prize-winner or send a prize, or for the purpose of other communication with the person in question;
• to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities;
• to email registrants of the Nikon School course their registration confirmation and/or any changes to the course date, time, venue, etc. The information is also used to inform registrants about new Nikon School courses and to contact customers in cases of complaints received;
• to provide updates on product information, company information, service information and other related information of Nikon, e.g. the sending of a catalogue, new product information, books, magazines or a mail magazine, when we obtain your consent;
• to evaluate an application for Nikon Professional Services Thailand Membership;
• to communicate with you regarding any technical support, administrative or legal notices important to our website, content, material, products or services that we consider essential that you know, including any breach of security relating to your personal information;
• as may be required under applicable data protection laws and regulations;
• to process an invoice and a tax invoice;
• provided that it has been anonymised, to be processed and used / disclosed to third parties for statistical purposes / research;
• as a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to Nikon; and
• to send necessary documentation to shareholders including notification of the general meeting of shareholders, and to administer dividend payments or other actions as required by law.
If you find out that your personal data / information we have collected inaccurate or uncomplete or not up-to-date, please make a request for rectification through Privacy.Th@nikon.com. Nikon will respond to such request within 30 days. If we intend to use the personal data / information we collect from you for purposes other than those which we originally collected your personal data / information for, we will notify or obtain your consent prior to the new use unless it is not necessary for us to do so under any applicable laws.
You also warrant and represent that whenever personal data / information supplied by you to Nikon contains personal data / information belonging to another individual, you have, where necessary, obtained (and can produce upon request) the requisite consent(s) from that individual and notified the individual of its purpose, including but not limited to the consent of any identifiable individual (and consent of the identifiable individual’s parent/guardian if he/she is under 10 years of age) for the disclosure of his/her personal data / information. Disclosure of Personal Data / Information to Third Parties As far as reasonably possible, personal data / information collected by Nikon shall not be disclosed to third parties outside of the Nikon Group except with your prior consent; or where authorized by relevant laws and regulations.
Your personal data / information will not be disclosed by us to any third party, unless we have your consent, or we are under a legal obligation or duty, to do so, except for disclosure to the following individuals or entities which you hereby agree to:
• other companies in the Nikon Group (including those in different jurisdictions);
• government authorities or regulators;
• our professional advisers, including without limitation our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
• our third party service providers and sub-contractors (including those who provide payment, administrative or other services to us in connection with the operation of the website and/or of our business) or our data processors;
• any agent acting on our behalf; and
• our business alliance partners.
Nikon Group will ensure that the use of your personal data / information will be kept to what is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for us to continually monitor and improve our services to our customers and to keep you informed about our products, services and other opportunities within Nikon.
In particular, we do not rent or sell your personal information to any third party (unless as part of the sale of our entire assets or sale of our business as a going concern).
If at any time you want us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data with us, please e-mail us at Privacy.Th@nikon.com. However, please note that by doing so, this could hinder our ability to provide our services to you and may entitle us to terminate any agreement(s) you may have with us.
3. Cross-border Transfer
4. How Nikon protects and manages your Personal Data / Information
Nikon observes the Nikon Group Privacy Protection Policy and take steps to ensure the security of the personal data / information in its possession.
We wish to assure you that your personal information will be protected by high standards of security. Nikon will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information we hold about you on secure servers.
Notwithstanding our best efforts to protect your personal information, the nature of the Internet is such that data transmission over the Internet can never be fully secure. Hence, Nikon cannot be responsible for events arising from unauthorized third parties gaining access to your personal information. It is solely your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your user identities and password(s) at all times.
5. Your rights over your Personal Data / Information
Whenever you provide personal information / data to Nikon (e.g. for registration or otherwise), you warrant and represent that such personal information / data you have provided is accurate. However, Nikon understands that your personal information / data with us may need to be updated from time to time.
• Depending on where you are situated, and subject to any exceptions / exemptions under any applicable laws, you have the right to: access the personal data / information about you held by us to correct, update, restrict, anonymise, block or have us delete it (unless we are legally obliged to keep it);
• request that we send you a copy of the personal data / information we have collected about you;
• request that we transfer your personal data / information to another person, organisation or business of your choosing;
• make any complaint by contacting us or the relevant authorities if you do not believe that we have handled your personal information correctly or have any other complaint.
• object the collection, use, or disclosure of the Personal Data concerning him or her, at any time, in the following circumstances;
- where the Personal Data is collected with the exemption to consent requirements under section 24(4) or (5), unless Nikon can prove that there is a compelling legitimate ground or establishing, compliance or exercise of legal claims, or defence of legal claims of the collection, use, or disclosure of such personal data;
- for the purpose of scientific, historical or statistic research, unless it is necessary to performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest by Nikon.
• right to request us to erasure or destroy the Personal Data.
If you have any of right(s) specified above and you wish to exercise such right(s), please send a written request to Privacy.Th@nikon.com, including proof of your identity (e.g. valid photo ID), specify the personal data / information which you wish to access or correct, including any account or reference numbers (where applicable).
Where applicable, your exercise of the right(s) specified above may be subject to the payment of a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with your request.
Nikon will generally respond to reasonable requests to review your personal data / information collected by us for the purpose of access or correcting of the same within a reasonable time (typically not more than 30 working days) and will inform you beforehand if a longer period of time is required. Please note however that Nikon is entitled to restrict access or correction to your personal data / information in circumstances which fall within the applicable legal exceptions / exemptions set out in applicable laws and regulations.
6. Products and Services Information
You have the right to opt out of receiving information of our products and services. If you wish to do so, please send an email to Privacy.Th@nikon.com with a header that states ‘unsubscribe’, providing us with enough information to identify you (e.g. username, registration details) and specify the subscription(s) which you no longer wish to receive or participate in (e.g. a particular affiliate of Nikon). Please allow at least 7 working days for this request to be processed.
Please note that when you opt out of receiving certain products or services, it may affect or result in termination of the services provided by Nikon and/or the Nikon Group when such subscription / participation is regarded as a condition of providing such products and/or services.
7. Withdrawal of Consent
You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to our continued collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by sending an email to Privacy.Th@nikon.com If you decide that you do not want Nikon to collect, use your personal data or to disclose your personal data to third parties, you understand that this may in some cases impact on the availability of services (such as warranties) and the quality of services that Nikon may provide to you and may mean that the services provided to you (if possible at all) by Nikon may not be customized for your use, may be less user-friendly and less efficient.
Further, in withdrawing your consent, you acknowledge and agree that if Nikon is no longer able to provide certain goods and/or services to you as a consequence, Nikon will be entitled to cease the provision of such goods and/or services to you without incurring any liability on our part.
8. Children below the age of 10
A minor (i.e. persons who is not legally competent by marriage or has no capacity as a legally competent under section 27 of the Civil and Commercial Code), quasi-incompetent or incompetent person who wish to engage in a contractual relationship with us, must obtain parental consent prior to providing us with your personal data.
Nikon cannot verify the age of persons who access our website. Hence, you must obtain a consent from your parent or guardian before accessing our website, if you are under 10 years old.
If Nikon discovers that it has inadvertently collected the personal data / information of a person under 10 years old without obtaining parental consent, Nikon will take steps to delete such personal data / information as soon as possible.
9. Links to Other Websites
Nikon websites may contain links to external websites. Nikon is not responsible for the personal data protection practices of external websites and advises you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects your personal data / information. Your use of such third party websites is at your own risk.
10. "Cookies" - Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
When you view this website, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer the next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor our website and services to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Your continued access or use of Nikon’s website(s) indicates your consent to our use of such “cookies”.
12. Contact us